Shetland Sheep: Rich in History, Rich in Textiles

Shetland Sheep: Rich in History, Rich in Textiles! Our farm mission is to enjoy and promote the wonderful diversity of the Shetland breed by fully utilizing to the best of our ability all they have to offer historically. We believe the best preservation and management of this breed includes it's full spectrum of history. We encourage old and new shepherds alike to join in the fun by engaging in fiber arts, especially spinning and knitting, as this breed is so intimately linked with those aspects of the arts.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Who's paying for the changes?

I have a question that I think I'll officially address to our breed organization's vice president. That person seems passionate about playing the role of organization firefighter and seems to know a lot of "answers". The question I'm wondering about is this:

Where is the money coming from to make these changes "official" (i.e. legal)?

Are my dues or other financial contributions to our breed organization paying for changes most don't even know are occurring, changes that many feel don't preserve and protect, including myself? I am interested in preserving and protecting Shetland sheep, and that IS the current mission of our organization, which is why I joined. I'm really hoping the answer comes back to my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment