Shetland Sheep: Rich in History, Rich in Textiles

Shetland Sheep: Rich in History, Rich in Textiles! Our farm mission is to enjoy and promote the wonderful diversity of the Shetland breed by fully utilizing to the best of our ability all they have to offer historically. We believe the best preservation and management of this breed includes it's full spectrum of history. We encourage old and new shepherds alike to join in the fun by engaging in fiber arts, especially spinning and knitting, as this breed is so intimately linked with those aspects of the arts.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Happy Picture

We all need one sometimes!

Today, I need a happy picture.  Yarn is always a happy picture!  I love the colors, both natural and dyed.  I love how the little balls are just waiting for me to think up something creative to do with them.  It takes my mind off the crummy-ness of the day.

Yes, that's right.  I feel crummy.  Something is very wrong.  Our state is in trouble.  People are being violated as never before.  I can feel the pain in people since the new year.  Wisconsin has gone off it's own cliff.  Our state is dragging financially and emotionally behind.  People are upset.  Doesn't matter which side of things someone is, there are boundries.  There are good ways to solve problems.  There are bad ways.   Hate is being generated in our state.  It's not any one thing, but a bunch of things that are creating hate among the citizens of this once fine state.  As I watch this unfold, I just feel bad. Who would have thought my state would become this???  Is this what Wisconsin IS now???

Spinning is always a good thing to do when bad news comes out.  Knitting is another nice thing to do when things are getting bad.  I've noticed how knitting connects people of all walks of life.  There is no "demographic" to knitters.  They are young to old, poor to rich, male and female, and live all over the world.  That's one of the things I love about knitting.  In fact, I'm proud of that fact.  It's for everyone, and everyone enjoys it.   It makes many people happy to quietly work on making stitches...building something good....something useful...something that will become loved, something that brings warmth.  It is positive work that is good for others, and good for yourself.   Knitting brings good things.  There is much comfort in that.

I wish every day that I could heal what's going wrong in our state.  I wish I could make people feel better.  I don't think I've ever blogged about politics before, but things are getting so bad, I just want to offer some form of comfort.   Perhaps through knitting I can, even if it's just a little bit.  It's a good time to knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment