Shetland Sheep: Rich in History, Rich in Textiles

Shetland Sheep: Rich in History, Rich in Textiles! Our farm mission is to enjoy and promote the wonderful diversity of the Shetland breed by fully utilizing to the best of our ability all they have to offer historically. We believe the best preservation and management of this breed includes it's full spectrum of history. We encourage old and new shepherds alike to join in the fun by engaging in fiber arts, especially spinning and knitting, as this breed is so intimately linked with those aspects of the arts.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

How to decorate a pen

Well, yes...still waiting! So here's a pic of Lil' Rainbow.
Purebred Shetland Ewe

I can hardly believe we're still waiting for those babies out in the barn! The telltail (he,he) signs have been obvious for over a week now, and yet, instead of birthing, we are still all's quiet! The frigid weather has moved on once again, with unbelievable warmth coming to our region. We have been getting up near fifty degrees some days, with nights warm enough that water buckets barely freeze on top, if at all. What a nice reprieve for us!

Meanwhile, I really do believe a little disco is goin on inside that little mom-to-be's body! If you stand and watch, you can see all the disco moves. Perhaps we need to take away the disco ball! Then maybe they'll decide it's time to come out!

So we keep her space immaculately clean, with lots of clean fresh water, and the best in food we can provide. She has lovely china for tea, and lace curtains on the windows. I do believe some lovely artwork...I think a painting of leafy branches hanging down out of the corner of the painting, with a lovely bouquet of fresh roses, thistles, and pine boughs setting on a lovely log of bark has been commissioned and on it's way. Hopefully, it will arrive for her pen just in time. Sigh...how much longer must we wait??

So here in the house, I'm spinning everyday. I have Wheely Wooly Wink all spun up, as well as Oreo, and now I'm working on more Esther. Esther is a lovely black that I cannot wait to work with after it's spun, although most of it will be sold. I have something in mind you might like...

Unfortunately, the camera is not passing the photos on, so I have some problem-solving to keep me occupied while I continue waiting....

No comments:

Post a Comment