Shetland Sheep: Rich in History, Rich in Textiles

Shetland Sheep: Rich in History, Rich in Textiles! Our farm mission is to enjoy and promote the wonderful diversity of the Shetland breed by fully utilizing to the best of our ability all they have to offer historically. We believe the best preservation and management of this breed includes it's full spectrum of history. We encourage old and new shepherds alike to join in the fun by engaging in fiber arts, especially spinning and knitting, as this breed is so intimately linked with those aspects of the arts.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wheely Wooly Snow Sheep


Have you ever seen a real snow sheep? Neither have I...until this day! What fun they had that day! Someday I might just make a small flock of snow sheep up by the road, just for fun.
Here is a knitting customer, wearing a scarf she made from Wheely Wooly yarn purchased at our booth. She designed and knit the scarf, and I think it is amazingly beautiful! (I don't think the accent yarn is from us, though). I not only think the scarf is beautiful, I think she looks beautiful wearing it! Thank you for sharing these lovely pictures!
I love the colors and softness. On my computor monitor, it almost takes me to a Claude Monet painting of light reflecting off the water and lilies of his pond. This is a great example of what you can do with creativity and some great yarn! Such nice work!
I'm not sure what it is....but I think I'm beginning to notice how much Sophie sleeps! This quilt belongs to Annabelly, the silly puppy. Having just taken it out of the dryer, it was warm and fluffy. I don't think it had been back on the floor more than a couple of minutes when Sophie moved in! Poor Annabelle had to find somewhere else to sleep!
Ah...let's see now...what was I doing again? Oh yeah...back to R&R.

No comments:

Post a Comment