Shetland Sheep: Rich in History, Rich in Textiles

Shetland Sheep: Rich in History, Rich in Textiles! Our farm mission is to enjoy and promote the wonderful diversity of the Shetland breed by fully utilizing to the best of our ability all they have to offer historically. We believe the best preservation and management of this breed includes it's full spectrum of history. We encourage old and new shepherds alike to join in the fun by engaging in fiber arts, especially spinning and knitting, as this breed is so intimately linked with those aspects of the arts.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Swifty sits by pumpkins

Swifty the Sheep Dog

Those aren't sheep, Swifty! Can you believe this shot?? I had gone into the house to get the camera...with the idea of taking pictures of 'Wow', the biggest pumpkin we've ever grown. As I came out the door, this is what I saw! Swifty had laid down real nice to wait for me and I was lucky enough to get a picture before he ran away.

Today was a beautiful day. Instead of playing sheepy games with Swifty, we all pitched in to rip out pumpkin vines, including Swifty! I think I need a picture of that, too! Funny boy. For those of you who've followed my blog for a long time, you'll probably remember the flying rotten cucumbers of last year, and Swifty's joy at snapping them, yuck and all, out of the air as they sailed to the compost heap? Giggle, giggle...those good times have come around for SwiftySwifterSwift-o once again!

I forgot to mention, he DID get a juicy, ripe pear today! As pears got picked up and picked off the tree, he delighted in snatching one, then taking off with it! Later, as I fed the rams, he was delighting in rolling around on his pear as I threw the hay! By evening, I found pears in the pasture, in the barn, and by the pumpkins. I think Swifty had a GREAT day today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment