Shetland Sheep: Rich in History, Rich in Textiles

Shetland Sheep: Rich in History, Rich in Textiles! Our farm mission is to enjoy and promote the wonderful diversity of the Shetland breed by fully utilizing to the best of our ability all they have to offer historically. We believe the best preservation and management of this breed includes it's full spectrum of history. We encourage old and new shepherds alike to join in the fun by engaging in fiber arts, especially spinning and knitting, as this breed is so intimately linked with those aspects of the arts.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weather or not...

...it's made me busy! This whole past week has been such nice weather that I've been outside LOTS! (Think yuck, muck, goo, and the earth releasing it's spring freshness..).

Then the next thing I know...snowwwwww! Lot's of snowwwwwwwww! Everyone's cozied up in the barn and happily passing the time by seeing who can make the best matching hat and earrings out of hay......

sigh.......

UPDATE: Well, we sure were dumped on in this storm, too! The rams are still in the barn because after taking one glance at those big drifts 'tween the barn and their pen, I decided to wait for summer sun.....

...and I had to dig the door out so the horses could go out....and I could get IN the barn.....

....and after sweating after that job, Calypso got stuck in snow up to his belly. In his efforts to boost himself OUT of the drift, he got his foot caught under the outside wall of the barn! No injury fortunately! Everything is fine. As I hiked back up to the house, shoveling along the way like a snorkeling mole, I was feeling pretty confident I'll still fit in last summer's clothes....

No comments:

Post a Comment